I spotted these ‘Five Values’, below, on my visit to Radio Live’s website to pay my respects to the lovely Kerry Smith.
Despite the label, they’re not really values in the sense of virtues. They’re more like policies, really (e.g. ‘post using your real name only, do not use ‘Caps Lock’) but I appreciated reading them.
They made me consider again my own aspirational virtues and my ‘values’ for thePaepae.com. (I fall short, sometimes, but hey …)
By posting your opinion at RadioLIVE.co.nz, you agree to abide by these “Five Values of LIVE“.
- We support freedom of speech, but are not an outlet for preaching hate, encouraging violence or for publication of offensive language.
- If you find something offensive, please use the ‘Report comment’ button found adjacent to the comment.
- Please post using your real name only, do not use ‘Caps Lock’ and do not repeat-post.
- Personal attack will not be tolerated.
- You are responsible for ensuring your opinion does not contravene any New Zealand laws.
The editor’s decision is final. Thanks for reading and enjoy your time at RadioLIVE.co.nz!
The ‘preaching hate’ one is cut to ribbons now and then by Radio LIVE’s own ‘shock jock’ and his antics, in my personal opinion.
And as for “You are responsible for ensuring your opinion does not contravene any New Zealand laws” … well, that’s kinda lame and ineffectual, it seems to me.
Nevertheless, iIt’s definitely worth putting how you intend to play the game out there. Yup.
Four ‘cardinal virtues‘ …
Prudence, Justice, Fortitude, Temperance.
But actions speak louder than words.