Quiz: prime ministers v the media
From The Guardian…
Prime ministers and journalists have often had a difficult relationship. As Lance Price reveals in a new book, Where Power Lies: Prime Ministers v the Media (from which these quotes are taken), the two sides have been criticising each other, in similar terms, for years. This should become clear if you try to work out who said what.
1. Who told the political editor of the Daily Mirror: “The only message the prime minister has for Daily Mirror readers is: don’t buy it”?
• Winston Churchill when Stanley Baldwin was PM
• Brendan Bracken when Winston Churchill was PM
• Bernard Ingham when Margaret Thatcher was PM
• Alastair Campbell when Tony Blair was PM
Bit of a giggle… read on